Spring is almost here! How do I know? As a dog owner here are the 5 ways I can tell it’s almost Spring:
- Muddy paw prints everywhere! My kitchen floor…my dining room floor…my living room carpet!
- I “get to” take Leo on more walks. Leo and I can now tolerate being outside because it’s not frigid out anymore. Also, it’s lighter longer so I don’t have to worry about walking him in the dark. I can take my pup on longer, more frequent walks. Lucky me!
- When I’m not walking Leo, I can find him perched near the front window watching all of the other runners and walkers going by the house. Now that all of these people are out and about, someone has to keep an eye on the neighborhood.
- Dog poop all over the yard. Now that the snow has melted, I can see all the little bombs Leo has left in the yard all winter. We’re seriously considering paying someone to clean it up so we don’t have to. Gross.
- The bell is ringing constantly! We have a bell hooked up to our back patio door that Leo rings when he wants to go out. The only problem is that he knows when he rings the bell, he gets let out. So, he just rings the bell when he’s bored and wants to play outside. Of course, now that the weather is getting nicer, he wants to be outside all time. So, smart guy that he is, he is always ringing that bell.
These are some of the signs of Spring at my house. What are the signs of Spring at yours?