Everyone has guilty pleasures. Some of us don’t even feel guilty about them. Below are 5 of my guilty pleasures.
- Reading! I love to read. When I was younger my parents would read me stories every night before bed. My dad would even use different voices for different characters. I’m pretty sure my love for reading began there. Then, when I got older I began reading novels by Nora Roberts. Sure, they’re romance novels, but here female characters spoke to me. I love the way she writes women. I’m currently ready the Cousins O’Dwyer series. The third book in the series came out in October, but I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t just love Nora Roberts’ books or romance novels, I also read other, non-romance books. I recently read Gone Girl and Sarah’s Key. However, this post is about guilty pleasures and Nora Roberts’ books are definitely guilty pleasures. I just I had more time to read them.
- Wine! I have, what my mother calls, a wine smile. She can tell just by talking to me on the phone if I’m drinking wine. She says she can “hear” my wine smile. That’s because wine makes me happy. I have a stressful life. (Who doesn’t?) Wine is the one thing that just helps me relax, let the day go, and be happy. Who wouldn’t want that?! Ahhh!
- Coffee! Coffee is my drug of choice. I used to hate it, but then I started working at Dunkin Donuts during college. Working that 4:30 a.m. shift after being at the bar until 4 a.m. was rough. Coffee was my savior. Now, I don’t need it for survival, but I still drink it because I like it. It’s a tasty treat that warms me up, perks me up, and helps me through the morning. Did you try Dunkin’s Snickerdoodle coffee this holiday season? Warm, liquid heaven.
- Cheese! I have slight obsession with cheese. I even dated a guy “named” Cheese. Good guy. Just show’s you how obsessed I am with cheese though. When I was little, my favorite meal was tomato soup (Campbell’s of course) and grilled cheese sandwiches. Oh who am I kidding? Grilled cheese is still my favorite meal. I pretty much enjoy all cheese except Swiss. I don’t know it is, but I hate Swiss cheese. Recently, my best friend and both of our moms came out to visit me. We went to this cheese store called Nickel City Cheese. It was like going to Disney World. They have a huge array of different cheese and we told the woman what our plans were for the night, what kind of wine we would be drinking, and what kind of cheese we didn’t like (Swiss). Then, based on our responses, she made several suggestions for our cheese platter that night. The best part was, we got to try everything first. YUM!
- Hallmark Channel Movies! Yes, they’re predictable, but they always have a happy ending. I am a hopeless romantic and a sucker for happy endings. I love to snuggle up under the blankets and spend some alone time with Hallmark
What are some of your guilty pleasures?