So, Mike and I are hosting a NYE party this year. Originally, we wanted to go out and celebrate the new year, but spending over $150 per person for one night seemed just a bit too unreasonable for my frugal self. So, we’re having a small little get together instead. I’m thinking there will be about 10-12 of us. The party starts at 8 and goes until we drop! I’ve been trying to come up with a menu that will satisfy everyone, but it’s been hard because I really LOVE to cook (and eat), but I will be working a full day NYE, so I won’t have a lot of time. So, this is what I came up with:
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Meatballs – I figure I will be able to make these the night before, stick them in the crock pot and…done! We live in Buffalo, I had to have something with hot sauce. I plan to use regular beef though instead of ground turkey. I’ve never made these before. I will let you know how they turn out.
- Spinach Bread Bowl Dip – We will need something to soak up all the alcohol. Also, I wanted to have something somewhat healthy. I’m going to cut up a bunch of veggies to go with this.
- Crockpot BBQ Weenies – These Mike requested. I am not a fan, but since he is such a good guy, I figured I might as well. AND…they are standard party food.
- Cheese Plate – I love cheese. You can’t have lots of wine without also having lots of cheese. I’m not sure yet what cheeses I will do, but I will let you know. It will probably depend on what looks good at the store.
- Deviled Eggs – My girlfriend is making these. I know they are one of Mike’s favorite and I will definitely be having a few.
- Antipasto – Again, we need something of substance. Who doesn’t love antipasto?
Then, for dessert, we’ll be having chocolate fondue with strawberries and bananas and another girlfriend of mine is making her funfetti dip. It’s delish. I will try to snag the recipe from her and post at a later date. I hope there will be enough food for everyone. I think there should be, but you never know. I might also make my Stuffed Banana Pepper Dip. Who knows. We will definitely be drinking the bubbly though.