Happy New Year! Well, our NYE party went off without a hitch. It ended up being a bit smaller than originally anticipated, but that just means there was more food and wine for the rest of us so I didn’t complain. Below is a picture of our mini bar from the party. Cheers to 2015!
So, with a new year comes a chance to start over and do things better. There are many things I want to do better, but successful goals are realistic goals. It’s better to have a few resolutions you can stick to than lots of goals that are just overwhelming. So, after much contemplation, below are my new year resolutions for 2015:
- I will be more organized – I am scatter brained. I can’t keep track of anything. My house and my desk are a constant mess. I never know what is going when and I find myself drafting daily to-do lists of stuff that never gets done. It’s overwhelming and frustrating. So, to help me become more organized, Santa bought me the The 7 Minute Life Daily Planner. I’m taking this weekend to read it over and figure out how it works. I’m hoping it will keep me organized and on task. I am a bit of a procrastinator so that doesn’t help things.
- I will work out consistently – Now, I’m not talking three times a week. I mean, I will work out year-round. Normally I only workout when training for the Buffalo half marathon (which I just signed up for again, ugh). So, I generally workout from March to June, but then after that I get lazy. Not this year! This year I will workout year-round. There is really no excuse now that we have an elliptical in our basement and I can use RunKeeper and MyFitnessPal to help me keep track of my workouts.
- I will eat better – I have five weddings to go to next year and I’m in one. I would like to go looking and feeling my best. I want to get back into juicing (not steroids, but actually making my own juice) and I want to be more consistent about eating healthy and logging my food and workouts into MyFitnessPal.
- I will become more involved in my profession
- I will blog consistently and efficiently – I want 2015 to be the year my blog takes off. I plan to use my daily planner as well as develop a blogging calendar to help me grow this blog in both number of views and better content.
So, there you have it. Fingers crossed for me. What are some of your 2015 resolutions?