HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY! Here are the 5 best things about today…
- Green beer (obviously), green eggs, green bagels, green everything!
- Lots of kissing because everyone is Irish on St. Patty’s Day and everyone is wearing their “Kiss me, I’m Irish” shirts.
- Corned beef and cabbage. Yum. I have mine in the crock pot as I type.
- Car bombs. They’re like milkshakes for adults. Try having yours with my homemade Bailey’s
- The luck of the Irish. Leprechauns, rainbows, pots of gold, and four leaved clovers.
In honor of this special day, I want to share a poem with you. For my high school graduation, one of my favorite teachers gave me copy of this poem (or a variation thereof) along with some words of wisdom. For the longest time I kept a copy of the poem in my wallet. Unfortunately though, I lost the poem when my purse was stolen my junior year of college. However, I believe the poem went something like this:
Some Guinness was spilled on the barroom floor
when the pub was closed for the night.
When out of his hole crept a little brown mouse
and stood in the pale moonlight.
He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor,
then back on his haunches he sat.
And all night long you could hear him roar,
‘Bring on the godd@mn cat!’
Now, I don’t remember all the words of wisdom that Mr. T gave along with the poem, but I know one of his suggestions was to stay away from boys. He said they were trouble. They were/are. I should have listened. Another suggestion he made was to take a lesson from the little brown mouse and not get so drunk that I make an @ss out of myself. Probably should have paid more attention to that one too, but some of us just insist on learning things the hard way. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Cheers!