I love pasta salad. I could eat pasta salad every day during the summertime. We had a Memorial Day party last weekend and I had almost a full tin of pasta salad left over. I had pasta salad just about every day for lunch and dinner last week as a result. YUM! I am not one to slave over pasta salad though. For me, the simpler, the better. So, here is my recipe for delicious and easy pasta salad using Better Crocker’s Suddenly Pasta Salad.
- 1 box Suddenly Pasta Salad (classic or Caesar are my favorite)
- As much Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese – cubed as you would like
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- Cherry Tomatoes – sliced
- 1 handful of sliced pepperoni – cut into quarters
- Boil your water and cook your pasta
- While your pasta is cooking, slice your cheese, tomatoes, and pepperoni
- Once your pasta is done cooking, drain it and rinse with cold water. If you do no rinse with cold water, your pasta will be warm and your cheese will melt when you add it
- In a large bowl mix your pasta, cheese, tomatoes, pepperoni and black olives (drained)
- In a separate small bowl mix the vegetable oil, water, and the seasoning mix per instructions on the Suddenly Pasta Salad box. *NOTE I do not use all of the seasoning mix, I find it is too much flavor. I like my pasta salad a little less intense. I generally use about 3/4 of the mix though.
- Add the mixture in the small bowl to the pasta salad mix in the large bowl and stir so the pasta salad is evenly coated
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings depending on how big a serving you like.
Really, there are so many things you can do with the Suddenly Pasta Salad. You can add whatever you like to your pasta salad. These are just my go-to add-ons. What will you add to your salad?